Here at Suds and
You can also tailor your dog treat recipes to your dog’s dietary restrictions (if any).
You control what goes into the recipe. You can ensure that your pet is getting a
nutritious snack which they really enjoy.
Many Dog commercial dog treats contain unhealthy addictive’s
(gluten, cereals etc.) Shop bought treats are also often made from animal by-products
instead of natural and high-quality ingredients.
You can use different ingredients whenever you like to give your dog a
wider range of tasty and healthy treats!
Below you will find a basic recipe for homemade dog biscuits that your best friend will be sure to love!
Add in any ingredients you wish to cater for your dog’s taste (remember to check if it’s safe for dogs to eat first though).
- 225 grams gluten free flour (substitute
gluten freeoats if you wish)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Beef or chicken gravy (can substitute beef or chicken broth/stock)
- ½ cup hot water or almond milk
- Optional: Add bacon, chicken beef, liver, shredded cheese, bacon bits or dog safe peanut butter (use your own judgement when it comes to how much to add – every dog has it’s own taste)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Dissolve bouillon in hot water
- Add remaining ingredients
- Knead dough until it forms a ball (approximately 3 minutes)
- Roll dough
- Cut into slices or use a cookie cutter to make fun shapes (like bones)
- Place dough pieces on baking parchment
- Cook for 20 -25 minutes